Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Brooch Bouquet






One of my favorite wedding blogs to follow is The Wedding Chicks the entire site is full of breathtaking weddings, DIY tutorials and fabulous vendors! It is MAJOR eye candy! My all time favorite post was one that I saw of a brooch bouquet . After reading the post I went online and did some digging to find out more about these bouquets. At first, I had the crazy idea of purchasing one but soon that idea was crushed when I saw the price tag! Then I decided well, I could possibly have a florist make one once I find all the brooches. But THEN I decided heck, I am crafty...I could SO make this on my own! With a little time on the internet I found a wonderful tutorial of how to make them and decided I can do this!

The hunt for beautiful and fabulous brooches is on! My Mom and I found 4 at the same thrift store I bought the chair.Mrs. McIver found 2 really pretty flower brooches and Eden ( Keegan's girl-friend) had 4 brooches at the vintage store she works at. All of them are so pretty and I am obsessed with this idea!

Not only do I want to buy brooches but I also would love to have some brooches passed down from family members. So far, my Grandmother and Aunt's are all on board! Both of my Grandmothers have some they are going to give to me and my Aunt's both have some that used to belong to my Great Grandmothers! What a perfect way to incorporate my "something old"!! I also asked Ryan to find a special brooch or charm for me to add to the bouquet...immediately he said he already had something in mind! He has a #5 gold charm that he wore on a necklace when he was younger that he wants me to use. It is perfect because 5 is both of our favorite numbers AND we will be getting married on the 5th of March! Perfect!

In the tutorial I read, it says that you will need between 50-70 brooches depending on how large you want to make it. That is a lot and is going to be SO heavy but this is something that I will be able to keep for a lifetime! Each brooch will have a story and I can't wait to see how it turns out! Since I have 12 bridesmaids it will be pretty impossible to make each girl one so, to keep the brooch theme going, I am going to pin one brooch on the stem of each girls bouquet.

Below are the brooches I have so far...

These are the ones that my Mom and I found at a thrift store in Buford.

These are the 2 that my sweet soon to be Mother-In-Law found. LOVE these!

These are the ones Eden had at her work. I bought all 4 from her except the 2 on the outside on the top row (those were sold out before she could get to them :( )
blog comments powered by Disqus