Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wedding Inspiration

INSPIRATION:
If you know me, then you know I am absolutely obsessed with wedding shows, blogs, magazines etc. I seriously can't get enough and this obsession started LONG before I was engaged. Don't you worry...Ryan was fully aware, he has spent multiple hours watching my wedding shows! haha Since I have had this obsession I started to save pictures of things that I love in a folder titled "INSPIRATION" on my computer. A lot of these things I still really like and some are DIY projects. Here are a few things from my folder that I LOVE..

I love this idea of using branches as center pieces...what a simple, elegant, cheap idea! I have seen another site where they made the flowers out of fabric. I also like the idea of hanging small crystals from the branches. This would definitely be a DIY project.
I want white table linens but I would like to buy my own black and white damask fabric and make table runners out of it. AND with buying my own fabric I can reuse it for other events such as thanksgiving or Christmas dinner that would possibly be at our house one day! :) Or I could make pillows, curtains etc...oh the possibilities!
I am really digging the netted veil...I'm sure it has a name but I don't know what they are called. A traditional long veil is not really my style but then again I could try something like this on and hate it. BUT right now I LOVE IT!


This is by far my favorite picture that is in my INSPIRATION folder. When I saw this picture I knew that I HAD to do something similar to it ( the LOVE sign). I'm not sure how I would pull this off but I'm sure my crafty, soon to be mother-in-law, Mrs. McIver could ramble off some ideas...she is super crafty!


WHAT I DO KNOW:
-I have pretty much decided that my bridesmaids will wear gray dresses and each girl will wear a different color, chunky, fun necklace. I do not want to limit my colors to just a few, so with gray dresses and different color necklaces...I can have a larger color pallet. Oh and the grooms mens ties would coordinate with the girls necklaces.

-I also know that I want a very simple dress. I do not want a lot of beading and sequence. I really like ruffles, sweet heart tops, bows...when you read those 3 together it probably sounds tacky but I promise it's not! haha Just think JCrew...I have found a few wedding dresses I love on their website. And of course I have found several in wedding magazine. I can't wait to actually try one on!

WHAT WE DON'T KNOW:
Our wedding date. We have picked a couple months but no dates. I still have to discuss a budget with my parents and get a guest list from each of our parents and compile ours, THEN we will pick our date for sure.
blog comments powered by Disqus