Monday, December 28, 2009

The Proposal- December 25, 2009


The Proposal Story: The McIver's were hosting a dinner on Christmas night at their house. Ryan's entire family was there and also invited my Dad, brother, and Memaw. I made patio rice and oreo balls and was ready to chow down with sweet family and friends. Little did I know, there was another side to this story...

As we (Ryan, my brother & I) were traveling down the road to The McIver's, Ryan sent his Mom a text telling her we were on our way. Mrs. McIver replied back with "Can u stall? :) Not quite ready. You know your Mom :) Love you & Merry Christmas"...Ryan turned to me after he got the text and said "I'm going to kill her"...I said "why?" and he showed me the text. We were already half way there and had about 20 minutes until dinner.

Once we approached downtown Lawrenceville, Ryan says "let's stop and take a picture at the tree...we can kill a few minutes". The 3 of us pile out of the car and I looked at the boys and said "I have a feeling yall are up to something!". We walk over to the tree and start posing for pictures...my bro was the photographer.


Second picture: Ryan says "let me get on the other side" I thought he was just getting on that side because he knows the left is my "good side". haha
Look at his sweet nervous face and blotchy neck.

Third picture: Ryan kisses me. Still a blotchy neck...bless his heart!

Fourth picture: He takes his knee and my eyes fill with tears then I start saying " oh my God, are you serious?" And he asks " Will you marry me?" ....

Fifth picture: Then I jumped on him and hugged him. He said, "so, will you?" and I said "YES!". Ryan was still holding the ring and I had yet to even look at when he says "well do you wan"t to see it?" and I said " yeah, let me see it!"...

Sixth picture: Ryan slips the beauty on my finger and we hug for a while.

After we hug and kiss, I am standing there in shock and then Ryan's entire family, my Dad, brother and Memaw walk from behind a building. They got to witness the entire thing!!! My Mom & Step-Dad were out of town so they could not be there to witness but we will surely celebrate when they get home!

After we all celebrated by the tree we headed back to the McIver's for a delicious dinner! After a very sweet toast given by Ryan's Dad, Ryan and his Mom, we enjoyed dinner. We had grilled chicken with pineapple on top, patio rice, homemade macaroni & cheese, broccoli & cheese casserole, rolls, homemade cheesecake ( by Mrs. McIver) and oreo balls!

After dinner a few of our closet friends stopped by to celebrate too!

Christmas night was truly a magical one. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for Ryan & I. I will love you forever Ryan!!!

Also...A big thanks to the McIver's for hosting such a wonderful dinner. I can't wait to officially be part of "The Blonde Family"!

LET THE WEDDING PLANNING BEGIN!!! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus