Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Special Day

Last Friday, I had a very fun, special day with my (soon-to-be) nieces! The little Green family was finalizing their big move, so I offered to help in any way I could. Katie said the best help would be to hang out with Bella for a little bit! I was so excited and couldn't get to Atlanta fast enough! Bella stole my heart the first time I met her and I will always love spending ANY time with her!

When I got to the house Bella said "we are going to the zoo!". After Katie packed Bella a lunch we were on our way! BUT sweet Farrah joined us too! Katie asked if I would mind bringing Farrah along too...are you kidding? Of course not!!! I soaked up every single minute of the day!

We walked from their house to the Zoo and I asked Bella all about her favorite animals. She is so smart and surprised me with how well she spoke! I know Bella has been to the Zoo a lot with her Mommy but the girl has memorized the entire Zoo! When we would walk up to a certain part she would shout the animals name before we even saw the animal! SO smart!

My favorite part of the day was walking with Farrah in one arm and holding Bella's hand with the other. It was a priceless moment! Another favorite was when I took Farrah out of the stroller when we were by the goats...I have never heard her squeal so loud! She was squealing and whaling her arms with excitement. It was so cute!

The most challenging part of our day? Getting the girls on the carousel. I thought I had convinced Bella we would all ride on the peacock (it was the bench seat on the carousel) because I thought it would be easiest with the girls- I could hold Farrah and sit by Bella. Bella had different plans once we got on...she wanted to sit on the Monkey! The monkey was raised so high, so I juggled holding onto Farrah with one arm while literally pulling/lifting Bella on the monkey! It was challenging but worth it to see her sweet face smile!

My love tank was over-flowing at the end of our zoo trip! We walked around the entire park, rode the train, played on the playground and rode the carousel- all while I stole kisses and hugs!












I love these girls so much!!! Thank you Katie and Chris for trusting me to hang with them for a few hours!
blog comments powered by Disqus