Tuesday, May 4, 2010

23 Days

23 Days until Ryan & I close on our first home! We are beyond excited and I literally giggle with excitement every time I think about it!

Since this is a new build, Ryan and I have been able to see the entire process of our home. It is has been exciting to visit every weekend and see what all has been done! This past weekend, we went to see the house with Ryan's parents, sister Katie, bro-in-law Chris and their girls. When we pulled up the landscape was completed and it made the house look so much different! I love the placement of the islands and I LOVE the flowers they picked. They had also installed the wood floors downstairs, granite counter tops were installed in the kitchen, all hardware in the bathrooms was installed, shelving in the closets were in and the final paint coat was done! They had accomplished A LOT! Pretty much all that is left to do, is put in carpet upstairs, install columns on front porch of house, install stove in kitchen (all other appliances are in), put in door handles, replace a broken window, touch up paint on the outside, a little trim work, paint the hand rail leading upstairs and install window seating in the loft area upstairs! Ahhh I am so excited!!!

Every single night I dream of how we will decorate our home, all the family functions we will have at our home and most importantly, the family we will grow to be at OUR home! Ryan will be moving into the house in June after his CFA Level 2 test and I will move in once we are married. Hopefully once I move in, our home will be mostly decorated. I can't wait to work on the house on the weekends with Ryan and add our personal touches! Isn't that the best part of having a home (besides watching little baby feet run all around it...once that happens)? Decorating to represent you and your loved ones?

Our Home :)The front still needs paint touched up around upper window and columns to be installed on porch.

Left side of house. Love the island!

Right side of house.

Right side of house.

Pretty flowers!

Dining room. This chandelier matches a larger one that will hang in the entry way.

Pretty gas fireplace! I can have a fire with a flip of a switch! ha

Standing in foyer here. You can kind of see the banister for the loft area. We forgot to get a picture of that!

This is an awful pic of me but I had to include it because my sweet flower-girl, Bella is in it! She is trying to give me bunny ears!

Downstairs half-bath.

Kitchen! My favorite space...I LOVE to cook!

Kitchen

Kitchen

View of the backyard from the living room.I love our back yard...it is very private! This hill backs up to a county maintained dirt rd. No one behind us! And at the top of the hill we have some property that is flat...Ryan plans to put a horse shoe pit up there

Laundry room. Can I get an AMEN for this counter top space? Perfect for Ryan to fold all the laundry! HAHA

So there is a mini tour of our house. This weekend I will get some better pictures (these were taken on our iPhones) with my camera.
blog comments powered by Disqus