Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful

The ABC's of things I am Thankful for...

A-Airplanes: What a wonderful form of transportation. I mean really, you are FLYING in the air to another place. So cool and so thankful! Oh, and one day I hope to sky-dive out of a plane! :)
B-Brother: My Brother, Steven is one cool dude. I love him so much! I will forever cherish the times where we have "us" time, whether it be a short ride in the car jamming to our favorite music or playing ladder ball outside. Most of my favorite memories growing up include my little bro.
C-Communication: Communication has grown tremendously thanks to technology. Emails, texts, skype, phones, social networks etc. I am forever thankful for communication in every form. Thankful that I can send a sweet email to my out of town family or record a video and share it with friends via Facebook. Very thankful that I can pick up the phone and talk to my best friends and loved ones on a daily basis.
D-Dad : I am thankful for the precious relationship I have with my Dad. He is probably the funniest person I know. He will make a crappy day better...he just knows what to say or do. I love that my Dad is not just my Father but also my friend. I am thankful for the past 2 years where we have lived together...in this time we have grown so close and have created some of the best memories! Waffle House trips, America's Funniest Home Videos, yummy dinners, karaoke, GA football tailgating, grocery store trips and so many other little things.
E-Education: Thankful for the education I have been given thus far. And thankful for the fact that soon I will be continuing my education.
F-Friends: I have been blessed with some amazing friends. Some I have known since birth and some I have known for just 5 years. Those friends who have been there through every season of my life make me who I am today. I am forever grateful for the memories, the love, the stories and the support. I love my friends!
G-Grandparents: My grandparents love shows no end. All of them are so special to me in their own little ways. Life would be so boring without them!
H-Health: Thankful that I am healthy and able to get care if for some reason I am not healthy. So many people in this world aren't as fortunate.
I-Iphone: I am just slightly obsessed with this thing. Phone, Email, Facebook, Twitter, games, and whatever APP you want all wrapped into one little phone. LOVE IT! And I should probably throw in there that I am thankful I have not broke it!
J-Job: It may not be my dream job but with the unemployment rate and the economy, I am grateful that I have a job. My job provides for me. I can pay my bills, sleep soundly under a roof in a bed, buy food, save money etc.
K-Kids: Kids make the world a better place. They bring so much joy, laughter and love to any room. My favorite job I have had was when I worked at an after-school program for 150 kids. Everyday was an adventure and I never left unhappy. I can't wait to have my own kids someday!
L-Love: I have a love for so many things. The things I love bring so much happiness in my life and the people that love me do too! Love is powerful.
M-Mom: My Mom is beautiful. My Mom is my rock. My Mom is funny. My Mom is unconditional love. My Mom is a great cook. My Mom is my best friend. My Mom gives the best hugs. My Mom is so many other things but best of all she is MY Mom.
N- Nail Polish: I love fun and new nail polishes. With pretty nail polishes comes manicures and pedicures and those are my favorite treat! My favorite nail polish color is by OPI called "Lincoln park after dark"
O-Our Home: Thank God I have a roof over my head and bed to lay my head.
P-Prayer: The power of prayer is amazing. God is good.
Q-Quiet Time: Love it and need to do it more often.
R-Ryan: There is so much to be thankful for when I think about Ryan. He has brought so much happiness to my life. I thank God for him everyday. His sweet blue eyes and curly blonde hair are just a couple of MANY things I am thankful for. The thing I am most thankful for is his love for me. He loves me like no other ever has and he is not afraid to show it. I hope to grow old with Ryan and watch our love grow.
S-: Step-Dad, Bro & Sis: I'm thankful that Doug make my Mom happy and loves her unconditionally. I'm thankful for my sweet, little step- bro & sis, Conner and McKenzie. They are so much fun!
T-Technology: Laptops, Iphones, security cameras, DVR's, digital cameras, TV's etc...I am thankful for it all!
U-Uggs: The most comfortable boots in the world. I was so thankful to have some after I finished the 3-Day walk. They were heaven to my feet!
V-Vacations: 2 days away or a week is always nice. I'm headed to Amelia Island with Ryan's company in just 7 days and I am so thankful for this vacation! Every meal is provided and delicious, great speakers, fun activities, sweet people and the beach! :)
W-Water: CLEAN water. After reading some blogs of Compassion Bloggers and seeing how these children and their families do not have clean water it breaks my heart. Everyday I take a clean shower, brush my teeth with clean water, make sweet tea with clean water and everyday I take that for granite. Heck, when I go to the lake I SWIM in water cleaner then what some of those kids are drinking. Sometimes it's the little things that really are the most important and those things are so easily forgotten!
X- Xtra sweet tea: mm sweet tea! My favorite drink
Y-Yummy Food: I am thankful for all the yummy food that will be eaten on Thanksgiving day. My Memaw's always work so hard to make the best food....and it always is the best! mmm I can't wait!
Z- ZzzzzzZzzz: SLEEP! Thankful for sleep in my comfy bed!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus