Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk: DAY 3

Day 3 started at 5:00 am. We woke up early because we had to pack our bags, take down our tent, bring our luggage to the trucks, eat breakfast and get ready for the walk! We were all up before the lights were on in the building! The last day is supposed to be the "best" day so I was really pumped! We loaded the buses and were dropped off in Chamblee.

Ready to grab some breakfast!

Breakfast line. Breakfast was my favorite meal offered by the 3-Day. They had eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, fruit, yogurt and cereal! I usually skipped breakfast but with a spread like that and 20 miles ahead of me, I never did.

Good Morning!!! Still dark outside but we are READY!

We enjoyed a beautiful sunrise as we waited in line to load the buses.

This is Jenne, the National Spokesperson for the Breast Cancer 3-Day. She was so much fun! Every morning she would be up dancing with us and each night she always delivered inspirational words to keep us going. Not to mention the fact that she got EVERY man on stage

**CLICK PICTURE TO SEE VIDEO**
Here is a video of Jenne dancing the Morning of Day3

We walked a couple miles and then arrived at the first cheering station! My Mom, Dad, Aunt Tandy, Ryan, Chris S., Chandler, Chris D. and Mrs. McIver were all there! It was an early morning for them so I was so thankful and excited to see each and everyone of them! They had a full breakfast spread and awesome signs! Mrs. McIver made a HUGE sign that read "Rah Rah To The TaTa's" and my Mom had her sign too! The boys brought us balloons and my Aunt Tandy made me some super cute wings to wear.

My Mom and Aunt Tandy at the first cheer station on Day 3!

My sweet boyfriend! The best cheerleader!

Me with Ryan and Mrs.McIver

Chris, Ryan, Me and Chandler. Chris is Ryan's roomate and Chandler is his girlfriend.

Cheerleaders!!!

The AWESOME sign Mrs. McIver made! Thank you so much!!!

The pretty wings my Aunt Tandy made me for Day 3! I loved them and so did all the little girls I passed! One little girl was wearing wings too and she stopped me and said " I am an angel and you are too!" It was cute!

After the support of the first cheer station, I was ready to tackle the rest of the walk! On Day 3 Jessica and I walked at a slower pace than the rest of our team. Jess had a hurt ankle and I had a blister UNDER my toenail...no speed walking for us. Jess and I made it to Buckhead and decided to take a sweep van to the next pit stop. That sweep van was the best decision we made...it cut off about 2 miles from our walk and we were able to rest our feet for a little while. We ended up meeting up with Janice and Sadie at that pit stop and walked with them the rest of the day.

Jess and I at a church pumpkin patch

This was a pit stop at Oglethorpe University...such a beautiful site!

Jess and I with the balloons the boys gave us. :) Those balloons made it so much easier for us to find each other!

We made it to Buckhead!

This lady was handing out bloody mary shots!

During the last 5 miles of the walk I was really starting to feel it. Each step hurt but each step was worth it. I was pretty quite the last few miles,I was in my own world thinking and praying about why I was walking. The last mile I became very emotional...I could not hold back the tears. I couldn't help but think that with the completion of this walk, we are THAT much closer to a cure. We are THAT much closer to giving everyone the lifetime they deserve. I walked for you, for me, for the tatas that have been lost before this walk and for the tatas that will be saved! Breast Cancer has affected one too many people in my family and I'm willing to walk every year until there is cure, to make sure NO ONE else in my family will ever have to undergo what those before us did!

We are getting closer to Turner Field!

This was on the side of one of the building in downtown Atlanta

Sassy Sadie!

So CLOSE!!! No giving up yet!

Dancing at the cross walk!

The support of everyone was amazing!

Kat's Courage Double Bubble Breast Cancer Bus

Finally at Turner Field!

Mrs. Mihalak was the first person I saw when we walked into Turner Field. Mrs. Mihalak and my Dad grew up together and her daughter, Melissa and I did as well. I had not seen Mrs. Mihalak in years! Once I saw her, big crocodile tears were flowing down my face! Her Mother is a breast cancer survivor.

Then I saw my sweet Memaw and Dad. My Memaw is a breast cancer survivor and I walked in honor of her!

Here are all the 3-day participants in the holding area before the closing ceremony starts.

The cute 3Day shirts the gave us after the walk.

The TaTa Sisterhood team!

The Fabulous Four! Janice, Sadie, Jess and I walked together everyday! I could not have made it without them!

Closing Ceremony is about to begin!

Shoe off to the survivors...a very emotional moment.

The best picture I could get of the stage.

Survivors circle

Survivors!

Bella was at closing ceremony! :)

Ryan and I

What a precious family they are!!! Love yall!

The 2009 Breast Cancer 3-Day walk is the best thing I have ever been a part of. This walk opened my eyes in so many ways... I was so inspired.
to start off the dance party! :)I will be walking in the Breast Cancer 3-Day in 2010!!! Who is with me???
blog comments powered by Disqus