Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wedding Update

Just pretend I have blogged everyday for the past 4 months okay? haaaa I know I have been awful but I'm busy and the time that I have to blog (at night after work) I just want to CHILL and read your blogs! ;)

Here is a complete update dedicated to our big day!

-Our reception site has been moved! We were having it at the Winder Community Center but we are now having it at the Payne Corley House in Duluth! My cousin Tiffany is the head chef there and came to me with the brilliant idea! Tiff was going to cater our wedding at the Winder Comm Center but came to me with the idea of moving the reception site just 5 months for the wedding. As stressful as this decision was (money wise) it has honestly been the BEST decision EVER!!!!! Tiffany and the Payne Corley House are bending over backwards to make sure we have a fairytale wedding!
Let me tell you why we made this decision- at the WCC we were going to have to rent EVERYTHING! Everything from linens, extra stove, serving ware, centerpieces etc. When it came to Tiffany cooking there, she was going to do whatever she need to do but the WCC does not have a full kitchen so feeding 250 people was going to be a challenge (but Tiff was ready to tackle it regardless!). Another downside to the WCC was that we were going to have to set up everything and take down everything on our own! There is no staff on board that handles that- just another thing to worry about!

At the Payne Corley House, everything is handled! Set up, clean up, vendors,food, EVERYTHING! I now have a wedding planner! With a wedding planner, I have gained SO MANY vendor hookups! A lot of our money that we had budgeted for cake, flowers, dj was literally cut in HALF bc Payne Corley has such awesome connections with their vendors! I would say 100% that a wedding planner is definitely worth the money just for that!!! Payne Corley is absolutely beautiful and totally the look I am going for! They have also been nominated "Best Of Gwinnett" several years in a row and they were The Knot's best of wedding pick for 2008/2009!



- My brooch bouquet is still in the works! I have received SO MANY beautiful brooches! Most of the brooches are from sweet family and friends, but some are also from friends of mine and Ry's family...how sweet is that!? I have made the stems for about 55 brooches and have about 30 more to do and then I will assemble it! (post on all of that to come!)

-We finally picked out out tux options!We went with Saavi Formal Wear and they were so helpful. Ryan looked so handsome. I cried when he tried on a tux jacket that was too big on him! Just the thought of seeing him at the end of the isle makes my heart flutter! He is going to look SO HOT!


- I also picked out the most adorable flower girl dresses EVER! Seriously-EVER! From the beginning I wanted the girls in white leotards and tutus. While looking for the perfect tutu on Etsy, I found a vendor who makes adorable tutu dresses! They were shipped last week and I am obsessed! I had the girls try them on and they look adorable!


-Honeymoon is booked but it's a surprise to me! I know we are headed to the Caribbean but that's it! Wherever we go, I know it will be special! Can't wait to soak up the quality time!



-This Sunday we have a food tasting at the Payne Corley House! I already know the food is going to be phenomenal because my cousin Tiff is amazing, but I am excited! While we are there we will also get to sample 2 different bakeries and pick which one will do our cake! whoop whoop!

-The next 3 weekends are jam packed with wedding festivities! This weekend I have a lingerie shower and the food tasting. The next weekend is my bachelorette weekend in Savannah and the first weekend in February is the bridesmaid luncheon and Ryan's bachelor trip to Vegas!

- Our rings are in the works of being designed! I have been without my engagement ring since Monday and I am still having mini freak outs when I don't see it! Our "ring guy" as Ryan and I call him, has my ring and is designing a band. He is also getting Ryan's ring too- I can't wait to see it! :)

-Our invitations have been sent out!!! Big thanks to Mama McIver for her help and to Katie for letting us use her new laser printer! I was thrilled with the outcome of our invites! I bought them at Michaels and we printed them at home! It was very tedious but a big money saver!

-I am still on the hunt for wedding shoes, my veil and earrings! I have my hair trial on February 5th, so finding a veil is my top priority until then! I have a couple that I love...hoping they work out!


-We had our first session of our premarital counseling not too long ago with our sweet Pastor. We are honored for him to do our wedding! Our session with him was intimate and thought provoking...it went great! We are meeting with him again soon and then one last time to finalize the ceremony.


- At this point in planning I am very stress free and just soaking it all up! Ryan and I have a to-do list and we are both knocking stuff out!


p.s.
I had a bunch of pics with this post but for some reason when I embedded them from Picasa, they didn't work! Ill try again later!
blog comments powered by Disqus