Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Thomas Wedding

On October 10, 2009 Ashley Wilkes and Dustin Thomas got married at the Georgia Club. It was a beautiful wedding and once again Ryan was a groomsmen. We had such a fun time at the reception, it was almost like a mini Central reunion with all the Central High School alumni. The food, DJ and company were all great!

During the reception it came time for the garter and bouquet toss. They played "single ladies" and called all the single ladies to the floor, of course I marched right on up there! There had to have been about 15-20 girls up there with me. Ashley grabbed her bouquet and threw it back and I caught it! As soon as I caught it Toni grabbed on too and started pulling it from my hand. As she was pulling, the flowers were going every where and at that point I gave up the fight, let go and let her have it! Then it was time for the garter toss. Ashley's garter was a GA Tech garter ( boo). While the boys were gathering on the floor, Toni came up to me and said she thought we both should go up there after the garter was caught and BOTH sit on the chair...I was all about it considering I caught it and she just put up the fight for it! ;) So, Dustin took the garter off of Ashley's leg while all the boys (about 20 of them) rounded up on the floor. Dustin threw the garter and guess who caught it??? RYAN! The boys went crazy...you would have thought he scored the winning point for a game! They were screaming and shoving. It was too funny!

After the garter was tossed Toni and I headed to the floor and shared the chair ( I sat in her lap). Ryan walked up with the garter and we told him he had to put the garter on BOTH of our legs! Right after we told him that Dustin got on the DJ's mic and said " Ryan, when you put that garter on you have to say to hell with Georgia"...Ryan was not to happy about this considering he is a UGA fan! So, Ryan gets on one knee and proceeds to put the garter on but only puts it on Toni's leg. I was so confused and thought maybe he didn't hear us when we said to put it on BOTH of our legs. So I stand up and am thinking "what the heck?". Ryan heads to the DJ stand and grabs the mic and says " No wife of mine will ever be a GA Tech fan". Now I was no longer thinking "what the heck?" but I was smiling so big and ran over to him! Geez what a romantic boyfriend I have! :) After a huge hug we danced the night away.

Toni & I with the bouquet...split in half!

The garter toss!

Ryan caught it!

The boys getting rowdy after Ryan caught the garter

Ryan sporting the Tech garter

Toni and I being announced to the floor

Sharing the glory! haha

This is right after we told him to put the garter on both of our legs

This is my "what the heck?" after he only placed it on Toni's leg

Dancing after Ryan made his comment " no wife of mine will ever be a GA Tech fan!"

I thought this was a cute little story that I would share. You know what they say...if you catch it, you are next! ;)

Some more pictures to enjoy...

My one true love!

Jessica & I

Jessica and her husband, Chris

Billy and Ryan

Tyler, Ryan and Alan

Us! :)

The newlyweds! Congratulations Ashley & Dustin!!!

blog comments powered by Disqus